Schaefer jib furling systems are a remarkably high quality roller furlers for boats between 27’ and 65’+. Schaefer jib furling systems
The line of Schafer roller furlers features stainless steel construction and are known for their durable design. Schaefer jib furling systems offer three furling units:
Schaefer jib furlers use a combination of smooth-rolling Torlon bearings and a round head stay extrusion, with this design Schaefer has reduced the effort required to roll up or reef a genoa relative to competitive furlers.
Schaefer Jib Furler Features include:
- Large furling drum diameter increases mechanical advantage making furling easier
- Anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel provide strength, durability
- Round Extrusions with dual sail grooves (except System 750) allow easy furling
- Open cage design for easy inspection and maintenance of jib furling system
- Polyethylene bearing liners stop corrosion and promote smooth roller furling
- Captive Fasteners ensure that no roller furler parts will be lost
Schaefer Jib Furler Specifications:
- Ball Bearings: 3/8″ Torlon ball bearings in multiple open races. No lubrication needed
- Schaefer furler installation: Schaefer recommends assembly by a professional rigger.
- Larger sizes (System 4100) are available through Special Order.
- Head stay Pin Size: Wire size-pin diameter are important ordering dimensions. Select Sta-Lok or Norseman terminal and Standard or Long toggle link.
- Furler Drum Material: Anodized aluminum with stainless drum cage. Split drum easily removable for “race mode”
- Furler Features: Stainless feeder. Captive fasteners. Riveted assembly. Overbuilt heavy-duty base toggle link
- Headstay Extrusion: Round anodized aluminum centered on head stay
- Schaefer Jib Furler Parts & Accessories